Saturday, April 26, 2008

Diamonds are a gull's best friend...

Isn't this a cool image? Why do I think so? I think it's because it's a bit artsy, like some of the taxidermy art I've seen but it is also commercial. It's elegant and beautifully monotonal despite being a colour image.

Photobucket

I loathe obvious, groan worthy, was-that-supposed-to-be-funny? puns as much as the next person who prefers a higher form of wit. However, this one popped into my head after deciding today that I would finally post this ad I found in a French fashion magazine. This is after having it displayed near my desk for months. I don't normally think in puns or I would have thought of it as soon as I saw it. That's my defence and I'm sticking to it!

[edit 05/06/09]
Having just checked out this particular series of Peter Lippmann's work I am now wondering if this is one of his or was inspired by it?

No comments: