Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Adel Rootstein mannequins of the 1980s

I was chucking out my unused resource files when I came across these old Adel Rootstein mannequin promotional sheets. They were too funny not to share before condemning to recycling. Enjoy!

Photobucket
Ah, the 1980s: when men were effeminate and women were drag queens.

Photobucket
Ms Tracy Leigh is actually modelled on Ms Tracy Leigh. Adel Rootstein have a history of modelling their mannequins on real people, in particular famous people.

Photobucket
The very model of chillaxment apparently. I reckon he's frowning too much to be considered laid back but maybe that's just me.

Photobucket
We are the goon squad and we're coming to town.

Beep, beep!
Photobucket
Posing! Posing like a swan. Posing! Posing for a portrait ... Posing a threat!
Some rather contrived poses on the reverse page of the Runway ladies. I put some modesty patches over their 'bits' so it should be safe for work!

No comments: